Our mission is to ensure the people of Fair Oaks Ranch are abiding by the City's ordinances and codes as determined by City Council. These regulations have been enacted to maintain health, safety, order, to ensure property rights and values, and to maintain the aesthetics that exist in Fair Oaks Ranch.
Code Compliance is the inspection, improvement, and rehabilitation of public and private premises. This is done by reviewing ordinances and codes and conducting routine field visits to identify violations concerning fire and health hazards, nuisance violations, or unsafe building conditions. The City enforces its standards and requirements through the Fair Oaks Ranch Code of Ordinances and the Unified Development Code.
Compliance Corner: A message from your Code Compliance Officer
- Maintaining construction sites in a visually appealing manner has been an ongoing challenge for our City. Please be advised that the trash containers on individual construction sites are there for builders use only. Personal trash needs to be disposed of appropriately and not in these construction containers. Depositing personal trash in a builder’s container could be considered illegal dumping and a fine may be issued. Please report any illegal dumping on the Citizen Problem Reporter.
- Friendly reminder: City Ordinance 2.06.004 feeding deer is strictly prohibited on public and private properties; this includes both White Tail and Axis Deer. Violations of this Ordinance can be reported on the Citizen Problem Report or by calling City Hall and speaking to the Code Compliance Officer.
- Please remember Oak Tree Maintenance is limited to July 31st through January 31st when fungal spore formation and nitidulid beetle activity are lowest. Please check out the Oak Wilt Tips for more information.
- There is a new reporting program for residents and business owners to submit non-emergency problems they see within the community. It is called the Citizen Problem Reporter.
- The City of Fair Oaks Ranch prohibits any outdoor burning within the city limits except in the preparation of food. For more information please see Chapter 8, Section 8.01.001 for more details.
- This is a friendly reminder that Fair Oaks Ranch Utilities has a year-round mandatory watering schedule in an effort to reduce high water demand.