City of Fair Oaks Ranch Social Media Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the social media page managed by the City of Fair Oaks Ranch. This policy provides guidance for how the City communicates to employees, residents, visitors, businesses, and various audiences through social media platforms. We welcome respectful and appropriate comments and posts. The City of Fair Oaks Ranch adopted a Social Media Policy to ensure the proper, effective, and best-informed use of social media. This policy also provides guiding principles for the use of City social media accounts. All content, comments, and replies are subject to the Texas Public Information Act and are considered public information under state law, and may be disclosed in response to a request for information from any member of the public. The City of Fair Oaks Ranch uses social media to send and receive messages about city information, services, programs, and city stakeholders. No post or comment sent or received by the city shall be removed unless it contains one or more of the following:
- Vulgar, physically threatening, or harassing language.
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, religion, gender, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, source of income or other protected status under applicable law.
- Inappropriate sexual content or links.
- Private or confidential information
- Content that promotes illegal activity or encourages actions that may compromise public safety.
- Content that violates the legal ownership interest of any other party.
- Comments in support of or opposition to political candidates, campaigns, or ballot measures.
- Promoting or advertising a commercial entity or event that is not sponsored or in direct relationship to the City.
- Organized political activity.
- Information that may compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems.
- Information that may compromise the safety or security of city employees.
- Information that is false or defamatory
- Content that solicits or promotes commercial services, organizations, or products.
- Information that relates to pending litigation
We highly encourage the public to be mindful of the comments and content they post. Please note that “liking”, “upvoting”, or other interactions with comments, posts, or other content on social media sites does not constitute an endorsement from the City of Fair Oaks Ranch.