- Our Government
- Municipal Court
The City of Fair Oaks Ranch Municipal Court is established by state law in accordance with state statutes. It functions as a forum providing citizens with a swift and impartial trial concerning possible violations of City ordinances and the penal statues of Texas.
The City of Fair Oaks Ranch Municipal Court handles all class C misdemeanor traffic and ordinance violations written by the Fair Oaks Ranch Police Department. The Court has jurisdiction over offenses occurring within the City limits that are violations of City ordinances or violations of a State Statute. You have the right to appear in court and contest the charge(s) filed against you and you have the right to a jury trial. When making your appearance, bring your copy of the citation with you.
Minors under 21 years of age charged with any type of alcohol and/or tobacco offense are required to appear in court as follows:
- Anyone under 18 years of age, must appear in person before the court and must be accompanied by his or her parent or legal guardian.
- Anyone under 21 years of age, but over 18 years of age must appear in person before the court. A parent or legal guardian is not required to appear in court with you.
The City of Fair Oaks Ranch Municipal Court does not accept faxes for an initial appearance or requests for resets. This must be done in person or by mail.
- No weapons, cameras, recording devices or any other electronic equipment allowed in the courtroom
- No food, drink or tobacco products allowed in the courtroom
- No tank tops, halter tops, muscle shirts or T-shirts with indecent, obscene or profane words or language, graphics or illustrations allowed in the courtroom.
- No shorts, bare midriffs, baggy clothing or gang related clothing allowed in the courtroom.
- No caps, hats, bandannas allowed in the courtroom.
- No use of obscene or profane language will be tolerated.
- All cell phones, beepers, pagers and all other communicative devices must be turned off before entering the courtroom.
Neither the City of Fair Oaks Ranch, Texas, its agents, officers, or employees guarantees or warrants the accuracy, reliability, or timeliness of the information contained herein. The information contained within these pages is provided as a public service without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. The information contained herein is for general guidance only and should be verified by the user with the appropriate department or agency.
Notice: If you do not appear in court or make payment on or before the court appearance date on your citation, an additional charge of failure to appear may be filed against you and a warrant for your arrest will be issued.