Scope of Services Summary
The Finance Department is responsible for financial operations, financial reporting, accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, fixed assets, financial planning, internal controls, procurement, and debt management. This office, working closely with other City departments, also develops the annual General Fund Budget, Utility Fund Budget, and Strategic Action Plan. Further, the Finance Office is responsible for all cash management and investments.
The Finance Director is the Council appointed Investment Officer, oversees the IT function, Municipal Court, and serves as the City liaison to the Municipal Development District. The Finance department is also responsible for the collection of payments for water and wastewater accounts.Recent Accomplishments:
- Received the GFOA Award for Excellence in Financial Reporting on the City's 2018-19 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for the 3rd year in a row.
- Received the GFOA Distinguished Budget Presentation Award for the second year in a row, on the City's 2020-21 Budget Document.
- Continued the process of implementing internal controls throughout all City Departments.
- Developed a new procurement policy for the City and onboarded a Procurement Manager.
- Continued development of the Strategic Plan.
- Navigated economic uncertainty of COVID-19.