The City of Fair Oaks Ranch prohibits solicitation or peddling within the city limits unless you have an approved permit from the City. As City Hall is currently closed to walk-in business, all applications/payments will be accepted via e-mail (credit card payments can be made over phone [incurs a 2.5% fee]) or regular mail (payment by check).
To apply for a permit, individuals must provide the following completed information.
- Completed Solicitors/Peddlers Permit Application (click HERE to download)
- Color copy of valid Driver’s License (front side only)
- Copy of active insurance card for vehicle with applicant’s name on the policy
- Letter from Company giving permission to solicit/peddle on their behalf. This letter should be on company letterhead and signed by someone who has such authority.
- $40.00 application fee - paid upon turning in application
- Once permit is approved, there will be a $30.00 permit fee when permit is issued
- Applicant will be notified when permits are available for pickup
- City Ordinance 2019-16 Regulating Solicitors, Canvassers, and Itinerant Vendors
- A license shall be valid for a period of no more than 90 days from its date of issuance
- Activities authorized for licensed persons between 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM only
To apply via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply via mail*: Attention: Administrative Clerk, City of Fair Oaks Ranch, 7286 Dietz Elkhorn, Fair Oaks Ranch, TX 78015
** Permits must be worn and visible at all times while soliciting within the city, and must be provided to residents upon request.