The Fair Oaks Ranch Municipal Court now offers eCourt Appearance, which allows defendants to handle court cases (see Requirements below) via a video conference with the Judge through the use of ZOOM (see link below) on either your computer or wireless device.
eCourt Courtrooms are the same as actual Courtrooms
Please adhere to the following Rule of Court Conduct and Decorum:
Failure to follow these guidelines will prompt the Court to remove the Defendant from the virtual courtroom until compliance is achieved.
- Everyone enters the virtual courtroom on mute. When it is your turn to be addressed the clerk will remove the mute feature.
- Proper clothing strictly enforced. Inappropriate attire will not be permitted. Dress code is the same as if you were appearing in-person in the courtroom.
- Avoid background noise - Ensure your environment in conducive to attend virtually.
- Avoid distractions - Turn off and put away any and all distractions so your full attention is given to the proceedings (i.e. texting, social media, driving)
- You’ll be discussing personal matters in open court so these proceedings are NOT to be recorded.
- Proper respect for the Court process shall be adhered to at all times.
Requirements to Appear via eCourt, you MUST have:
- A device capable of accessing an internet connection (PC, MAC, Smart Phone, Tablet, etc.).
- A fast and stable internet connection.
- A webcam attached to your PC or a built-in mic that will allow you to talk to the Judge and your device must also have speakers attached or built-in that will allow you to hear what the judge is saying to you.
- A working email address; you may need to email images or documents for the Judge’s review.
- You will be required to provide the Court with a working email address and mobile phone number to ensure future successful contact with the Court.
At your eCourt Appearance, you can (applies to Class C misdemeanors):
- Request a trial by judge or jury. You will be able to speak with the Prosecutor. Please note that Trials may or may not be able to be held via the eCourt Appearance and may require the Defendant to appear in person at the Fair Oaks Ranch Municipal Court located at 7286 Dietz Elkhorn, Fair Oaks Ranch, Texas 78015.
- Enter a plea of GUILTY or NO CONTEST. All pleas entered in open court are legal and binding, and defendants have the same rights and responsibilities as if the plea had been entered in open court. Defendants who plead guilty or no contest via the eCourt Appearance have the same opportunities for payment plans, compliance dismissals, driver safety course, or deferred disposition.
- Some case(s) may have a plea entered in which case you would only be speaking with the Judge.
Download the ZOOM app on your smart phone, tablet, or computer 15 minutes prior to your appearance..
Click here to attend the eCourt Appearance for December 16, 2020
Upon entering the session, you will automatically be placed in a "waiting room."
When the Judge is ready to conduct your case, you will be moved into the "courtroom."
- If Deferred Disposition is ordered, the Judge will give you a deadline to pay the applicable fee(s).
- If a Driving Safety Course is ordered, the Judge will give you a deadline to pay the applicable fee(s).
- Alternatives to Payments: If you are assessed fines and court costs as a result of this citation and you are unable to pay, bring this to the attention of the Judge.
PLEASE NOTE: While the Court will make every effort to handle your case(s) via eCourt, unfortunately that may not be possible in all circumstances.