The City's property tax rate is set, by Ordinance, annually by the City Council in September of each year. For a view of the current and past year's budget and property (also known as ad-valorem) tax rate visit the Finance Department.
The City contracts with the Bexar County Tax Office for the billing and collection of ALL CITY property taxes, regardless of the county of residence. City tax statements are mailed in October of each year and become delinquent the first day of February of the following tax year.
Specific FAQ for the City of Fair Oaks Ranch property taxes can be found here Property Tax Servicing.
General questions about property taxes can be found on the Texas State Comptroller's website.
The following tax exemptions are currently offered for Fair Oaks Ranch property owners on their property taxes:
- $5,000 Homestead
- $50,000 Over 65 years old
- $50,000 Qualifying Disabled Households
- Disabled Veterans – as required by law
The City of Fair Oaks Ranch lies within three counties - Bexar, Comal and Kendall. By law, appraisals are conducted by the county where the property is physically located. To obtain information on your property contact the appropriate district:
- 1% for placement in the General Fund to be used for any lawful purpose
- .25% for maintenance and repair of municipal streets (must be voted on every 4 years)
- .25% to be used to reduce the property tax rate
Information on sales tax can be found on the Texas State Comptroller's website.