- This will be a brush pick-up only program. No other large items besides brush will be collected.?
- Pick-up will continue in a county-by-county manner, with Comal following Kendall, and concluding with the Bexar County portions of the City.?
- Collection will include gated communities.
- Be careful to keep the brush piles away from the streets, water meters, drainage areas, fire hydrants, and power lines.
- Ensure brush piles are not covering utility or telecommunication equipment, and that piles are as close to the road as possible (without placing it on the street).
- There will be one pass through each neighborhood to collect brush greater than 12 inches long and one inch in diameter.?
- Once brush piles are consolidated by the contractor, they?may sit for 24 to 48 hours before being picked up by the brush truck.
- Brush may not be picked up if it is placed too?close to property fences.
The City will continue to update progress, but schedules will be estimated days only, so residents are requested not to wait to get their material to the curb. Please continue to monitor?City News?and the City’s social media channels on?Facebook,?NextDoor, and?Twitter?for updates. You can sign-up to receive important alerts through?Notify Me, and critical emergency alerts through?Regroup.
Please continue to diligently paint and maintain tree wounds, especially those on our oak trees, to help mitigate risks for oak wilt. We have a fantastic resource on the City's?Oak Wilt?webpage that can assist you with any questions or concerns.?